Norwich Union Properties Ltd is looking to fill an intern position within its Accounting Department. The intern will support the accounting team with various duties.
Norwich Union Properties Ltd, (NUP) is a Public limited company incorporated in the Republic of Kenya on 12th February 1999.The membership is composed of visionary Kenyans who have a common goal in promoting development through participation. Members are drawn from varied professions and include lawyers, farmers, bankers, media consultants, engineers, stockbrokers, real estate consultants, and businessmen. The Company derives its uniqueness and strength from the vast amount of knowledge, experience and diversity of its members.
The company has invested heavily in the real estate sector. The Company has applied a successful business model, to buy undervalued properties or fairly priced properties with latent potential for growth. The said investments are then refurbished to unleash their true potential through our in-house property management. The Company exploits this model with very impressive outcomes.
The Accounting Department is responsible for the corporate financial accounting function and oversight of the financial accounting processes of the company. This generally entails:
- Generation of financial statements and reports, for both internal and external use, in a timely and accurate
- Maintaining complete and relevant accounting records with information necessary to support reporting requirements.
- Ensure the company complies with all tax laws and regulations
The main aim of the internship is to give the interns an opportunity to experience and work in the real corporate environment.
- Posting and verification of invoices.
- Timely preparation of payments for approval.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements with General Ledger.
- Reconcile on a daily basis meeting rooms invoices and receipts interfaced in ERP and follow up on any reconciling differences
- Assist with gathering back-up support and preparation of Journal Entries
- Assist in performing account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of month end schedules and reports
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- MUST be a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any business related course;
- Must have professional accounting qualifications CPA Part II or ACCA;
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Knowledge of MS office packages (MS Excel & Word)
The monthly gross salary for the position is Kshs.15,000 with no other benefits.
Kindly, send your applications (CVs, Cover letter) to email@example.com